Visitors:

Sunday, October 16, 2011

One Day I'll Fly Away..

For  so many years now, I have been struggling taking the twists and turns of this life. I have taken so many paths that would lead me to my direction but it seems that it’s taking so long to finish a lap. More recently, I have seen friends getting promoted, had a good career, started a family – while I am still here.  The days and years have gone by and I can’t believe that we are already in 2011. What happened? Where did life go? Am I too picky?


I hope life is like a cassette player. We can erase moments that are vexations to our spirit. We can fast forward to the result of our hardships or even rewind to the most precious part of our existence. But I think the best feature that would have been a great help is the power to go back and pause life when I need to make a decision from variety of choices. But sadly, life is not a cassette player. It is a real –life drama that you have to face real time without turning back.
I would admit, I have done so many wrong decisions in the past. And I let so many opportunities to pass by.  But what if those decisions were the most righteous that time? They said that opportunity knocks once. So does that mean that since it knocks once, you have to grab it the first time? 


I probably have regrets but I only have few. And if I could turn back time, I would probably choose the same option I’ve picked. It is not because it is the most applauded answer during QA's  but simply because I am tired of taking another track overcoming another set of challenges. What is more important is the fact that I learned a lot of valuable lessons. Some of my choices may have landed me in unpleasant circumstances, but experiencing these things certainly built my current character. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for those character-building situations. My mistakes are stepping stones to my evolving life. There’s no need for me to sink into regret or despair – I keep my chin up.

It  may be true that opportunity knocks once. It may be true that I have let it pass. But it is also true that there are so many opportunities in this world, it is only up to me on how to explore them. All I need to have is the power to make the right decision. And if at worst that opportunity never knocks again, I know that there is always my angel who would take me to his cradle. And one day,  when that moment arrives, I know I will fly away. And beyond the silver tint of the cloud of doubt , I know I will succeed with another blow.

As I put down my pen, I suddenly had a reflection about my own race. I finally realized that the end of the race happens at the end of our lives. Where I am at now is not the barometer of success. Many just think that going a straight line is the fastest way to get to a point . But I'll do otherwise. I will follow the curves and fixing every curls along the way.

1 comment: